History and Geography Department
The department of History and Geography is one of the school’s departments which provides academic training to students who are directed towards elementary and secondary education.
Its main tasks are:
- Receiving students and supervising the registrations.
- Coordinate work with professors and training supervisors.
- Pedagogical follow-up.
- Supervising students’ field outputs.
The Department carries out its tasks as what relates to:
Academic training of students
The training of a teacher of secondary education over five years
The training of the teacher of elementary education over four years
The Scientific Committee of the Department is an advisory body, and as such it expresses its opinions and recommendations concerning the following:
- Content of the educational programs;
- Proposals for the opening, extension and closure of Master training divisions or specialties;
- Research program suggestions;
- Organization of research work;
- Proposals for the establishment or abolition of research laboratories;
- Proposals to open, extend and / or close the training and specialization of PhDs and to determine the number of positions to be filled;
- Adoption of research topics in doctoral training and suggestion of thesis defense committees;
- Proposing university rehabilitation committees;
- Proposing programs for continuous training activities, improvement of level and renewal of knowledge;
- Studying the outcomes of the pedagogical and scientific activities of the department which are sent to the Director, accompanied by the Committee’s opinions and recommendations. The committee expresses its opinion on every other issue of a pedagogical or scientific nature presented to it by the department head.